Here are a few random side projects I've worked on in the past.
- Attempting to implement the simulation methodology used by the team at Five Thirty Eight to predict the outcome of the 2012 US Presidential election.
- Implementing a Markov chain-based research paper title generator, inspired by the prolific physicist Gene Stanley.
- An explanation of the algorithms used by elevators for scheduling.
- An analysis of the Social Security Names Database to identify patterns in birthname trends that can predict which names will be popular.
- An explanation of a popular exploit in Android used to root Android phones.
You can find other much older posts here.